Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm getting old . . .In my ways that is.

I'm getting old . . .In my ways that is.

-I can sit in a room all by myself and not worry about being alone.
-I don't have to 'make' friends with people just to have lots of friends.
-I know that if someone does not agree with me that does not mean I'm wrong.
-I no longer need to stay out until the wee hours of the night to have fun.

Growing up is becoming more fun, it always seems to have new challenges but this is the time of my life where I 'get it'. There is a song, (for the life of me I can't remember who it's by, when I do I'll post it because it has GREAT lyrics) but it says as we get older, that is when we should do the things we can appreciate better with age. You start off in your early years by going to work & learning about 'real' life because that is where we all really learn about who we are and what we want to do/be and then when we are older, more patient, go to school . . . and then go and have fun & play & appreciate life. I would love one day to go back to school. BUT I hate school. I would do better now than back in the day because I get it now. But most importantly because I am more patient now. I like reading now, I like researching things, I like coming up with new ideas. I don't think I really knew that about me when I was in my 20's (I know I for sure didn’t appreciate things when I was in my 20’s). I do now. I also didn't know the importance of family, love, and good friends back when I was in my 20's. I do now. That is how I know I’m getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment