Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April Fools

Happy April Fools Day!

I'm starting this because:
  1. I've wanted to 'blog' forever now
  2. I'm really tired of all of my Facebook 'work' friends knowing everything about me. I know I  can delete them but when I told them I was going to a bunch of them went monkey crazy on me because they are vain & don't want their friend count to go down. In the mean time I've blocked them from my wall. That seems like it's done the trick for now. Ugh.
  3. Someone (my mom) recently told me that I wirte beautifully. So I am going to try to write more.
April Fools Day. . .

It can be so much fun if you know the right people. You have to expect the unexpected & not take it seriously today. You never know what’s going to happen. Years ago I pulled an April Fools joke on my parents and had them thinking I was pregnant. It was great. I mean, this was the best prank I have EVER pulled off. A girlfriend of mine called my parents house and left a message on the machine saying something to the effect of “Congratulations”. They (mom & dad) went bonkers. Dad said we could make my brothers room into a nursery (granted I didn’t know he was home from work that day ugh!), I told them I didn’t know who the daddy was . . . the conversation went on for a few minutes. Then I asked them what day it was.

Mom: Tuesday
Me: What’s the date?
Mom: The first
Me: What?
Mom: April, 1st
Me: What?
Mom: April 1st. . . .You bitch! You Bitch! (in a screaming, knowing I just got her kind of way)

It was classic. I should have taped it. To this day it still cracks me up when I think of it. I always re-live the story and tell someone on this day every year.

I got duped by my Logistics Manager this morning. He got me last year also. He’s good. Last year he had me actually crying thinking I got my favorite mail guy fired. This year he had me thinking (just for a second though) that my conference room wasn’t available for a big meeting I’m having later in the month.

Earlier today I worked with the IT guy to send an anonymous message to one of the guys on my team. Granted he knew immediately it came from me . . . what he doesn’t know is that when he logs into his computer tomorrow he’s going to see this as his background.

Uh huh – my first try wasn’t slick . . . but my second one will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment