Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ugh – I have a Dr. Appointment to see a neurologist the beginning of June.

My regular Dr. (Dr. R) said that the tests look fine. Hummm – because the Dr. that ran the tests said I have Migraine Vertigo. Why can’t she see that? So, in the meantime Dr. R put me on a transdermal scopolamine patch. It’s a little sticker/disc & you put it behind you ear (a new patch every 3 days). Last night was the last of my first 3 days on this. I figured it wasn’t working (because I still had minor dizzy spells) so I didn’t put a new one on, I just took one of the ‘anti dizzy’ (Meclizine) pills she gave in the beginning of the month so I can actually sleep & not get all dizzy when rolling over. Boy was I wrong. I was a hot dizzy mess last night. What is interesting, I can feel it coming on so I now know how to position myself or how to look at something to help stop it. The spells aren’t that bad, just mostly annoying.

I’m sure the nurologist is going to tell me he can’t see anything wrong, because that is just how my cards fall.

I wonder if it has to do anything with my weird depth-perception. Every now & then (like 6 times a year) I can look at something and then it will look like it’s 5 feet further away from where it actually is. As soon as I re-adjust on something else it goes away. It’s the oddest thing. About a month ago I was talking to someone here at work and it happened. I asked her if my eyes looked weird, (I told her what was happening) she said I looked fine. Now I’m just probably opening up another can of worms. Lovely.

I really need to figure out what I’m going to have for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment