Sometimes people really piss me off & I need to learn to not take everything so personally.
At my job, one of my ‘duties’ is to plan anywhere from 1-3 parties/dinners a year. I find the location, I plan the menus, flowers, drinks, blah blah blah . . . And everyone always LOVES the parties. (But of course they do since they don’t have to pay for anything).
My whole family is extremely creative, I am the least out of the four of us & I’m still fairly creative. My parents went to and met in art school in Detroit, I think my brother has an incredibly creative mind. Some of the things he ‘thinks’ of is amazing . . . well, that was 15-20 years ago when he was either high or dunk so he was even more enlightened; now he may just have to get to it in a different way.
Anyways, the party’s/dinners are always a blast, they turn out great. So, when someone is trying to plan something they always ask me for help. For instance, one of the gals I work with is getting married in a few weeks. Her boss asked me to come up with some ideas for a dinner, preferably on the water. I found a fun lunch cruise. There were 2 options one was to see the ‘fleet’ come in for Seafair and the other was to just cruise around the Ballard Locks. They were both about $90+/- for the whole shit & shebang. Yes, could be a bit pricey but the Boss was totally excited for it. She wanted to do it. It would have been just lunch (no gifts), take ½ of work & have some fun (everyone but me is salary so they wouldn’t have to take any time off except me since I’m hourly). The e-mail that we received this morning was:
“Ok…got some feedback that maybe the cruise was a little far reaching pocket book wise, although it sounds like a lot of fun.”
OK. OK. I know, but come on. You are going to pay at least $50 a person for a dinner with drinks and then a gift on top of it that will be what . . . . $30-$40? Come on people!!
So then . . . .I responded back with another really nice cheaper place to go to that is just down the street.
She said . . .
‘All options sound good. I've got K checking out a place in West Seattle that has awesome Italian food and is on the water but not in Alki.”
Great. The bride is not supposed to have gluten. And that means I (and others) have to drive in, pay for parking & then go over to West Seattle. Mind you I don’t really like to drive now that I am a public transportation gal. (And I won’t take the bus home from West Seattle as I’ll have to transfer & I don’t do transfers haha)
I don’t know why I get so bent out of shape. I fell like everyone is always asking me for ideas but never uses them. It is not my fault that I enjoy the finer things in life. I’m sorry that I can be a bit of a snob when it comes to restaurants but who wants to eat crappy food? I really want to tell them to F-Off and not go to West Seattle for dinner but that would be wrong. Or would it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you can all go to MAC DONALD'S and play in the hamster track
ReplyDelete