Tuesday, July 12, 2011
One of the things I miss most about Michigan since moving here about 11 years ago is thunderstorms. For as much time we spend with grey, sun lonesome, just enough sprinkling rain so it bothers you when wearing eyeglasses, we don't get thunderstorms. You can look out at the sky any give of the 200+ grey, rainy days and think 'woah, there is going to be a good storm today'. But 99.9% of the time there might not even be a drop of rain. For the past couple days the sky has had the,ominous 'thunderstorm' feel to only let you down at some point in the day without a raindrop and possibly a warm summer like ray of sun poking thru the clouds. Today was just another grey, warm, humid (and by humid I'm talking no more than 65% humidity) good city walking weather. I wasn't thinking much of thunderstorms at all. One of the weather forecasters said we might have thunderstorms before the evening is over. Other than having to deal with the dog, this could be exciting. Now I'm watching the local radar on my iPad to track the storm. Nothing exciting to view so I decide to close up & shut everything down for the evening. Here i am, laying in bed, windows open, crisp air blowing in, the soft pitter pat of the rain drops on the roof and the great smell of clean earth, the dirt, trees, air, everything all clean. I love this smell. You aren't going to get this rain smell in Michigan & I love it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment